Friday, September 5, 2014

FAMILY REUNION - DAY FOUR (Monday, September 1)

After getting to bad rather late, we woke up rather early.  I had my alarm set for four a.m. but mom got up at 3:30 a.m. and I woke up.  I kept waiting for her to come back to bed (thinking she was in the bathroom) and then I would get up.  She never did so I got up and found her lying on the floor.  She says she often does that when her back hurts at home.  Again, sorry she was in so much pain.

We got everyone up and out the door by 5:00 a.m.  We got to the airport by 6:00 a.m. and returned our rental van.  We got through security, grabbed some McDonalds and said goodbye to Jessica.  We boarded our plane.  It was a 2 seater on one side and a 3 seater on the other.  So Dave and Joe were in two seats and Ben and I were directly behind them.

The plane took off and Ben was asleep, Dave was asleep and I was asleep.  Soon afterwards Joe tapped my arm and woke me up because his head was hurting like crazy.  He had tears in his eyes and asked for Tylenol.  He took 4 Tylenol.  He kept rubbing his forehead and tearing up.  The man in front of him kept looking back at him. The flight attendant brought Joe a cold compress.  After a few more moments, the man turned around and addressed Joe - "Is your head hurting?"  They had a short conversation.  The man turned out to be a doctor.  He applied pressure to Joe's temples which helped very temporarily.  Some more time went by and the doctor informed the flight attendant that he would be giving Joe Tylenol with codeine.  I was a little concerned about how that might affect Joe's stomach, but the man opened his bag, poured some in a cup and told Joe to "drink up."  He told Joe that it was because of the altitude we were at and the fact that Joe was congested.  He said when we started to descend (still an hour away) the headache would lessen.

Joe almost immediately fell asleep after taking the Tylenol and when he woke up he was totally fine.  I love how God has the right person at the right place at the right time.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.  We made it home.  Jessica made it home and had to go right to school.  Joe slept 4 or 5 hours once we got home and he still was able to sleep that night.  We had a terrific time with our family and we were so glad we went.

Snapchat from Jessica.  Never did confirm if her seats stayed empty so she could sleep.

The last time I flew I could hardly buckle the seat belt.  This is how much strap there was this time.  That's a good thing.

I took a picture so we would always remember the doctor and his wife.  God bless them.

No comments:

Post a Comment