I woke up pretty early (7ish). My mom's back was hurting and that kind of stunk. But we hung out together a bit. The bedrooms upstairs --although they have doors, they also have open areas. So our talking kind of woke everyone up. All kids were up by 9 and Joe made breakfast before we scooted nextdoor for a Family Fellowship at Laura's.
Ramona led the fellowship and did an awesome job. She had three or four verses that she had those of us who wanted to read. But she had us pull out our phones, iPads, etc and pull up the Amplified Bible on our devices and read from there. She said she had learned from "teaching" that students all have these devices anyway so why not engage them in the learning. I loved that idea. She then read from Psalms. She asked us to think of a goal or something that we would like to work on with an individual, or as a family. We pondered that. Then if you did that goal how would your life be different in one years time.
I shared about how I was Joe's age when I first got involved with the ministry. The ministry looked different back then as we had lots of Family Camps and a Rock of Ages every year. I was constantly seeing the "power" of God and healings. Ben had loved "Refuge from the Storm" because of the power of God he saw portrayed. Both boys are signed up for the class and I would love to see them in the class this year. The end result would be they would see the power of God in their lives much bigger.
Ramona shared about how she wanted to get back to praying and/or reading the Word with Karl whether it was daily or twice a week. What she saw from doing this was that she would be a happier person. It was a great morning.
After fellowship, Laura, Angie, Marcia and I went and tried our hand at geocaching. It was a great team working together. Marcia had her car GPS, Laura rented a GPS, and Angie and I were trying with our phones. We all worked together and found 4 different "caches" around the lodge. It was really fun and a great activity you can do as a family just about anywhere you go. The kids were all hanging out together - maybe swimming. They had fun together.
We came back to the house and Mary came over and we got to visit together while Marcia started the awesome spaghetti sauce. Mom was there too, but would go lay down as she needed. That dang back needs to get better.
That evening we had spaghetti dinner at our place with bread from Great Harvest and ice-cream for dessert. We did a flash back to the cruise and did the Macarana.
Later we all went outside and visited where we took our sister selfie (with mom too of course). And several family photos were taken also. It was a great time to be together and just hang out.
The kids all went to hang out together at the pool and hot tub. I waited up for them all to return and got to bed at about midnight. It was a great day!


No comments:
Post a Comment